Sometimes it’s a real effort to make anything from scratch – particularly after a long day at work. Check out this quick and easy stir fry that takes minimum effort but gives maximum taste, and is perfect for a midweek dinner. And I love sesame oil…
What you’ll need…
180g cooked king prawns
1 bok choi cabbage, chopped
2 portobello mushrooms, chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 red chilli, chopped
300g straight to wok noodles
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 tablespoon soy sauce
How to make it…
1. First fry the garlic in the sesame oil for a minute or so, then add the chilli and fry for another minute.
2. Throw the mushrooms and bok choi into the pan and stir fry for another few minutes until they soften.
3. Next, add the prawns and stir for around 30 seconds until they are warm through.
4. Then add the noodles and mix together for a further two minutes.
5. Finally, add the soy sauce and stir in, then serve with a grind of black pepper.
The garlic is a great immune booster, while chilli will help clear out any sniffles, and in small doses prawns are excellent sources of vitamin B12, zinc, selenium and omega-3 fatty acids.
In other news, I am going to “A Curious Evening of Chocolate and Beer with Edward & Irwyn and Innis & Gunn” very soon and I can’t bloomin’ wait!
Beer AND chocolate, I think I am about to reach my nirvana…